The Tax Manager is responsible for engaging with clients of an individual and business nature. This role will work closely with clients in regard to all tax related matters. Will serve as a key member of the tax team and will help plan, prepare, and review tax filings for individuals, partnerships, and corporations, with an emphasis on individuals and flow through entities.
- Work with clients to understand their personal and/or business related tax information and help develop effective mitigating tax strategies.
- Consult with clients pertaining to personal and/or business related decisions with tax implications.
- Review compilations and financial statements for tax planning and preparation, as well as preparing year-end adjusting entries.
- Compile information and prepare tax returns varying in complexity and type with an emphasis on individuals and partnerships. C-Corps on occasion, as well.
- Assist team members in review of their work product to ensure quality
- Serve as a key point of contact for internal team members (leadership & subordinates) for matters such as training, development, consultation, input, and/or direction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Licensed CPA
- Experience and ability to lead an end-to-end client engagement
- 6+ years prior work experience with Public Accounting firm
- Advanced knowledge and experience individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns
- Ability to both prepare and review individual and business tax returns (1040, 1065, 1120, 1120s)
- Proven research skills for complex individual and business tax issues
- Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Thompson Reuters accounting products is a plus
Leadership, Team Player, Advanced Written & Verbal Communication, Deadline & Goal Oriented, Organized & Orderly, Positive “Can Do” Attitude, Servant Mentality, Analytical, Resourceful